Need to shed some recurring expenses.
That has consequences for mastodon.host
Over the course of the next month or two, I am going to finish migrating all the services I have hosted on rented servers to in-house hosting, mostly on arm processors and on sbc ( small board computers ).
I will be able to migrate:
- soteria.m.h ( already done )
- plume.m.h ( should be pretty easy )
DB is going to be hosted on an old lenovo laptop that performs very well.
- mastodon by itself still needs to be figured out ( either on an old MAC laptop too, or find a way to build a small x86_64 machine with decent perfs to handle the bloat ).
- relay.m.h being python is very easy
- funkwhale being python is very easy too
the main issue is with hosting peertube.m.h .
Hosting the nodejs service is not too much of a problem, it should run on a raspberry, but doing the transcoding is going to take forever on such a raspberry.
I am considering either dropping out of peertube.m.h and giving the subdomain and server to someone who wishes to continue with it, or disabling transcoding and just serving from home.
Any comments ?